MoJ Consultation on Revisions to the Medical Reporting Process for RTA Claims
Published: 18 July 2023
The MoJ has today launched a consultation on revisions to the Medical Reporting Process for RTA Claims.
The MoJ are seeking views on several subjects which include:
- revised qualifying criteria for medical reporting organisations (MROs) and rules for medical experts who accept direct instructions (DMEs);
- the number and type of MROs and/or DMEs ‘offered’ to both represented and unrepresented claimants when they search for a provider on MedCo;
- the growing use of administration agencies and how this can be overseen;
- fixed cost medical reports; and
- changes to improve the quality of reports and on how medical reports for represented claimants are sourced.
The consultation can be found using the link below and will run for 12 weeks. It will close at midnight on 10 October 2023
The online version of the consultation questions can be found here: https://consult.justice.gov.uk/civil-law/rta-medical-reporting-consultation
Or alternatively responses can be sent via email to [email protected]