CPD and Accreditation deadlines reset
Published: 24 September 2020
On the 23 March 2020, the MedCo Board introduced a set of temporary measures intended to assist users throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. These measures included the suspension until further notice of the requirement for operational medical experts to complete annual Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by the 31 May 2020 and the suspension of the 9 month time limit for new medical experts to complete the initial Accreditation training.
The MedCo Board and Education & Training Committee have reviewed the temporary measures and from the 01 October 2020 will be lifting these suspensions
What are the changes?
- All accredited operational experts will have their 2019/2020 CPD deadline for completion re-set to 31 May 2021.
- All New experts currently working through the initial Accreditation will have a further 9 months to complete their training from 01 October 2020.
All dates will automatically re-set.
What does this mean for me?
- If you are an operational medical expert and have not yet completed the 6 hours 2019/2020 CPD requirement, you now have until 31 May 2021 to make up the hours.
- If you are an operational medical expert and you have already completed the 6 hours 2019/2020 CPD requirement there is no further CPD requirement until the new MedCo academic year starting on 01 June 2021.
- To check the status of your CPD log in to your MedCo account and select the Training option that is available on your home page. You will see your training record and all the modules that are available to you. As you progress through your CPD your record will update, and you will be able to see how much training you have completed and how much is outstanding.
- Please note that certificates are not issued for the completion of CPD. You will receive an email to confirm completion.
- If you are new medical expert and have not yet completed the initial accreditation modules you will have 9 months from 1 October to complete the training.
For further information relation to CPD and Accreditation please refer to our FAQs.